Monday, August 1, 2011

August Already

I cannot believe that it is August already. Where is this year going? I feel like as I get older the years go by faster, how is that fair.

On another note, we had a good ending to July. We went on a three night camping trip, which at first we thought might not be to good because we had to set a tent up on gravel (not the most comfortable, don't know why they don't have grass anywhere). But we made it work and it ended up being a fabulous weekend. I wish I had pulled my camera out, but I never even really thought about it. Zach had a couple firsts this weekend. He was stung by a bee, he didn't seem to understand why this bug had hurt him. Good news, he is not allergic. He no longer has to cling to me while in the pool with his float on. He said Chirs, yay, now I just have to get him to say uncle, and he was actually happy to be home when we saw the house on Sunday he was excited and yelled "KIIIIIT."

I also enjoyed seeing all my friends that went camping as well. I still didn't get to spend much time with them. They were so nice though, we had more than one offer to stay in the RVs if we ended up being uncomfortable in the tent, and they all took to Zach really well. I have a good little boy. He is just fun loving and is sweet most of the time. He seems to only show his rotten side to mommy and daddy.

One more month and then we leave for South Carolina. I can't wait for vacation, but I still want time to slow down just a little bit. I want to enjoy every moment I have with Zach. I love that little man more than I ever thought was possible.

1 comment:

  1. congrats on your super exciting news! And that is awesome that Zach isn't allergic to stings :) So glad you had a fab time camping!

    p.s. I'm tagging you with a blog meme award... not sure if you are up for something like that... no worries if you aren't :)

    ReplyDelete